Russian Ministry of Agriculture report the current harvest stands at 119.3mmt of grains from 44.7mha (43.5mha in 2015) or 94.7%.
The overall average yield is 2.67mt/ha compared to 2.42mt/ha in 2015 with the breakdown looking like this;
- wheat 75.8mmt from 27.2mha (98%) with an average yield of 2.79mt/ha
- barley 19.1mmt from 8.1mha (97%) with an average yield of 2.35mt/ha
- corn 9.2mmt from 1.6mha (57%) with an average yield of 5.59mt/ha
- sunflower 9.2mmt from 5.8mha (77%) with an average yield of 1.60mt/ha
- soya 2.7mmt from 1.7mha (78%) with an average yield of 1.59mt/ha
As of October 27 farmers had planted 16.7mha of winter crops for H17 or 97% of the planned area (15.6mha in 2015).